Sunday 14 April 2013

The Walkabout

So I thought I'd fill you in on what's happened in Sherwood since my last post. I joined the local Transition Town group - Transition Sherwood, who work on local community projects which tackle global issues. And food is a pretty serious global issue. So this project will be a sub-group of the Transition group. So I started my own Facebook group for others to join if they're interested and posted a message on other local Facebook groups I have found.

So we got a fantastic response to the call out! And so I proposed that we go for a walkabout to map the area and find where we could plant. And so we went! And we found some fantastic locations - all potential spaces.





The next steps will be to choose a spot and go and plant! ....but, we haven't got any plants....

BUT, next weekend is a 20mph celebration event at Haydn School where Transition Sherwood is holding a plant swap. This is our perfect opportunity to gain plants! We'll let you know how it goes next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment